Friday, May 22, 2009

Feed Story

I went to another feed store today--Barnes Feed on Old Palafox, and it was much nicer than the one I went to on Monday. So many more feeders and waterers and feeds and closer to my house. I wish I'd gone there first. Anyway, I have to decide whether I want to feed the chicks medicated feed or not. I can't tell if the feed I'm using right now is medicated, so I'm not sure what to do. The large bags of feed at Barnes are medicated, so if that is where my mom got the current food I'm using, I guess I'll keep doing the medicated.

So long story to say that I didn't get any feed today, but I did get a metal trash can to keep the feed in. I have to tell you, reluctantly I admit, that I found two dead rats in my yard, on different days, after I got the chicks. I haven't seen any signs that rats have been in the feed, but I have been worried about them getting into it. I'm not sure what killed the rats. I didn't see any signs of trauma to indicate a cat had gotten them. But enough about rats ... I'm sure that there were only two in this neighborhood, and since they're dead now, I don't have to worry about them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment