Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Six and a Half Week Update

I know that it must be boring to read "the chicks are getting so much bigger" in every post. But they are! I swear I feed them in the morning and then come home from work in the evening and they've grown in the intervening hours. I looked at some pictures of the chicks from the first week I got them--I forgot what little fuzz balls they were just a few weeks ago. Now look at them--little hens.

The dynamics in the pen have just changed a bit from those early days (4 1/2 weeks ago). Jackie is still mostly in charge, but Poppy gives her a chest bump occasionally to assert herself. Birdie, Honey and Bee started off all about the same size, but Birdie and Honey have grown much more than Bee. Bee is at the bottom of the pecking order, but she seems to be doing all right for herself. You can see her peeking out from behind Birdie in this photo:


Here's a picture of Birdie on her favorite place--the waterer:


And as surprise, more work on the chicken coop! The chicken coop elf came by to work on the coop while I was at work today. It's really starting to take shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment