Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Chicks in the Sun


Today was such a beautiful day, and since I was out in it most of the day, the chickens were as well. They love being outside, scratching around. They are mostly good, and the cats don't bother them, which is a bit surprising actually. I've seen Gus the cat stalk and kill at least two squirrrels. I'm not sure why they aren't interested in the chickens, but obviously I'm glad they're not.

They didn't want to go back into the coop, but actually they're a little like sheep (or what I think sheep would be like). I have a red stick that the chicks are a bit concerned about. I use it to guide them to the coop, like a shepherd's staff. It took me no time at all to get all the chicks in with very little chasing.

Oh, my kindness to the chicks in letting the chicks out today paid off. Today was a 5-egg day, following a 6-egg day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment